Read the full report here.
Published as: Ampadu-Ameyaw, R, Omari R and Owusu Essegbey G, (2017). Development and Analysis of the Rice Value Chain for the Hohoe and Jasikan Districts of the Volta Region, Ghana. FARA research Results Vol 1(1) PP 48.
This report outlines the results of a study of rice value chains in Ghana. Recommendations for further research and innovation opportunities that were identified to further develop the rice value chain include:
- Conducting a detailed consumer study to understand drivers of consumers’ and traders’ preferences
- Understanding the nature of the disease that causes wilting few weeks after transplanting and identifying interventions
- Finding innovative ways of controlling birds, rodents, and termites
- Developing new rice products and improving the quality of existing rice products
- Scaling up the involvement of local artisans in fabricating rice mills and their vital components
- Developing and implementing an innovative rice marketing strategy